Once you download and deploy the volume-licensed version of Office setup 2019 via office.com/setup, including project and visio, you might want to keep it updated all the time. Microsoft often releases feature updates and security updates to help user enhance the stability and performance of the Office suite. These updates can be available most likely once a month, usually on the second Tuesday of every month. Visit www.office.com/setup to download the updates.
However, Office 2019 does not implicate new features. If you want your Office suite to get new features on an ongoing basis, then you should consider moving to an Office 365 suite. Office 2019 is a separate version from Office setup suites that are available through Office 365 plans via office.com/setup. For instance, if you’re using Office 365 ProPlus deployed in your organization, then you already have all the features of Office 2019. Therefore, you don’t need to purchase Office setup 2019 for latest updates via www.office.com/setup
What is Office 2019 suite?
Office setup 2019 is an improved edition of Microsoft’s productivity software that is available as one-time purchase via office.com/setup, or a retail shop, or through a volume licensing agreement. Volume License versions of Office 2019 are available for IT department admin to download and deploy the suite to the employee’s workstations in the organization. Here are some of the Office products:
- Office Professional Plus 2019
- Office Standard 2019
- Project Professional 2019
- Project Standard 2019
- Visio Professional 2019
- Visio Standard 2019
All these Office products use Click-to-run feature to install and update the software directly from CDN, instead of implying traditional methods of Windows Installer (MSI). However, the activation process of these products by using a Product activation code, remains unchanged. Visit office.com/setup to download and activate your Office setup suite.
How updates take place in Office 2019?
With Click-to-run feature, Office 2019 updates in a different manner than Windows installer (MSI). The following process provides you details of how Office 2019 updates take place.
- When an Office 2019 update is available, Microsoft releases a new Office 2019 build-up on the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN) online. This new build-up encompasses all the security and quality updates of Office 2019.
- By default, Office 2019 is already configured to be updated automatically directly through CDN, although you can change the default settings.
- Office 2019 will be automatically updated through a tool named “Office Automatic Update 2.0” on your system on which Office 2019 suite is deployed that keeps checking for latest updates on a regular basis.
- If updates are available, then Office 2019 will automatically download the updates on your computer. The users don’t need to make any efforts. As a part of this process, Office 2019 setup analyzes the difference between the latest Office 2019 version up on the Office CDN and the Office 2019 edition on your computer. Based on the findings, Office 2019 will download the updates that are necessary to update Office 2019 to the latest version.
- After the updates are done, users can go back to use their Office applications such as Word.